Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
Operating out of strategically located centres, with a large directly employed workforce and extensive plant fleet we have the flexibility and resources to respond swiftly to clients’ needs. Our experience embraces both the public and private sectors and includes major and minor capital projects, framework and term maintenance contracts, partnering and joint venture alliances. As a regional company, we have an inherent interest in the social, economic and environmental well-being of the areas within which we live and work. We invest in these local communities through every project we undertake.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac Plc, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has a turnover of c.£230m, with over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Administrator to join our finance team based in Abergavenny.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, this job is varied and includes accountability for the following:
- To support the Financial Controller/Finance Manager in their compilation of the management accounts.
- To supporting reporting against a suite of KPI’s and leading metrics to manage current and future performance, influencing future strategic decisions
- Take responsibility for the creation/amendment of supplier and customer records on AXIM in compliance with Sox and internal procedures
- Ensuring all journal entries have the necessary approvals and supporting evidence
- Follow up on PO noncompliance queries to support the P2P process
- Assisting the Finance Manager with accruals/prepayments and overhead analysis
- Supporting the Commercial Manager by undertaking contract sales processing and applications tracking.
- Provide the Financial Controller with ad hoc analysis as required
- Support for contract set up on the ERP system and tracking compliance to Sox procedure on set up
- Support the future ERP implementation
The ideal candidate does not necessarily need any specific educational skills, but an AAT qualification will be an advantage. It is likely that your proven prior experience in a finance department where you have demonstrated strong communicating skills and the ability to work along the commercial arm of the business to understand the importance and relevance of processing timely will also be highly beneficial. You’ll have demonstrable experience and skills in numeracy and MS office 365 in addition to a practical knowledge of identifying and driving process change and improvements leading to continual improvement.
Location: Abergavenny, Gwent, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/98/1072