Position: Activities Coordinator
Location: Sherwood, Nottinghamshire
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm
Salary: £10.42 per hour, Pay review pending
Are you looking for a new challenge that is rewarding and will genuinely make a difference in people’s lives? Are you looking for a role that is varied and provides opportunities for progression? If the answer is ‘yes’, then a career in Care is just for you!
We are now recruiting Activities Coordinators on a full time basis to work with adults with mental health conditions , intellectual disabilities and Autism based in Sherwood. We are looking for candidates that have a real passion to support others along with delivering the highest standards of care. The ideal candidates will adopt a professional approach to our residents care at all times whilst establishing relationships with residents and support team.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Full time positions available
- Training & Development, Care Certificate & Beyond – CareTech offers many solutions to building a successful career in the social care sector through the use of extensive training and development with the possibilities to earn care certificates along with many other certifications.
- Guaranteed hour contracts
- Paid for training – you will be compensated for your induction period and all the training you receive during that time as well.
- Paid DBS
- Holiday pay
- Pension Scheme
- Care recognition awards
- Meals provided onsite
- To work with individuals across the unit to enable them to develop their domestic, self-care, social work or leisure skills as appropriate for each individual following guidance from risk management plans
- To observe the general behaviour, mood, ability and response of individuals during session
- To make accurate and clear entries in individuals’ clinical records.
- To feedback individuals’ engagement and progress to the in-house team and/or other multi-disciplinary team member as and when requested to do so.
- To attend and contribute to meetings and clinical discussions as appropriate including: team meetings, MDT reviews, resident goal setting meetings and service based clinical governance meetings.
- To take responsibility for planning and facilitating specific therapeutic activities
- To be aware of your responsibilities in line with the Mental capacity act
- To take responsibility for the planning and organisation of specific technical programmes, e.g. cooking
- Adopt a professional approach to individual / resident care at all times
- Be required to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, visitors, carers, members of the multi-disciplinary care team and senior professional and Occupational therapy staff.
- Conform at all times to the Policies and Procedures of the Company, with particular regard to confidentiality, financial and administrative responsibilities and prevention of healthcare-associated infection (HCAI); this includes a requirement for rigorous and consistent compliance with policies for hand hygiene, use of personal protective equipment and safe disposals of sharps (where deemed relevant to the role).
- Maintain and support all quality initiatives and objectives introduced into the organisation
- To be familiar and comply with the service Business Continuity Plan in case of an emergency.
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring that The Caretech Group resources are used efficiently and with minimum wastage
- Have access to a wide range of confidential information about individuals, staff and The Caretech Group which must not be divulged to any unauthorised person in any circumstances at any time in
- To assist in selected recreational and social programmes for individuals and groups
- To accompany individuals on social and therapeutic outings as requested, in line with the Mental capacity act.
Who we are:
Coveberry, is part of The CareTech Group; established in 1994, and is one of the largest providers of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for vulnerable people to live in community settings. We support people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills o
Salary: £10.42 per hour
Location: Nottingham, NG7 6JL