Our Living Well Team is looking for an experienced Activities and Wellbeing Facilitator. Our Team develops and delivers client-centred programs of recreational, creative, and therapeutic activities to people living in our residential care homes.
This may include music therapy, flower arranging, board games and outings.
You will be working with other members of the team, families, volunteers and visiting artists to support the social, emotional, spiritual, and cognitive wellbeing of residents.
This opportunity would suit someone who is passionate and has experience of facilitating activities that support wellbeing for people living within care.
Jewish Care supports flexible working opportunities, and this role may be able to support working parents.
What you will be doing:
- Planning, developing and implementing a person-centred programme of stimulating activities that meet the social, physical, emotional, and cultural needs of residents so that they are enabled to lead as full a life as possible.
- Working with residents to develop and deliver a range of daily activities that reflect individual needs, interests, choices, and preferences
- Cultivating a person centred and inclusive environment which is dementia friendly and supporting diverse needs and interests
- Working alongside our Volunteer Manager to identify and match residents to volunteers to support in delivery of engaging activities
- Organising recreational outings and events for residents to support social and cultural engagement in the wider community
- Coordinating events and supporting visiting artists, projects, and entertainers
- Working with the Living Well Manager to ensure events and activities are arranged in line with budgetary requirements
- Planning and delivering events and activities for Jewish Festivals to actively celebrate the Jewish way of life
- Maintaining the activities records of groups and individuals
What we are looking for:
- Relevant experience of supporting wellbeing in a care setting or community or arts and health setting
- Experience of leading and delivering arts/recreational activities within a similar environment
- Experience of working with older people, people living with dementia and varying abilities and needs
- Experience of managing volunteers or staff to assist with activities
- Demonstrate an understanding of the challenge of and sensitivity needed to support vulnerable people
- Understanding of the differing needs of residents including Physical Disability, Living with Dementia, Mental Health, and End of Life