Salary: £8.95 – £9.45
Shift Hours: Day shifts – 30 hours per week
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Activity Support Worker – 30 hours a week
Support Workers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for a Activity Support Workers to join our team in Stoke-on-Trent.
Shelton Care is based around Stoke on Trent across Fenton and Hanley areas. We support people in Residential and Day Services where we enable people to live safely and independently and make the most of opportunities in the local community.
Our services are supported by a highly trained and dedicated team who strive to create a fun stimulating and innovative service that enriches the lives of the individuals who access the service.
We are looking to recruit for nurturing and supportive individuals, to work as part of our team to give the individuals we support, person centred support to enable them to achieve amazing outcomes. The role is to promote and encourage independence and life skills for the individual we support ensuring that their safety and wellbeing underpins every decision we make.
Shifts are 7 days a week with a mixture of earlies, lates and long days available.
We know the amazing and life changing work our Support Workers do every day for the people we support, which is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £8.76
- Specialist and Blended Service specific Training
- Excellent career development opportunities – we believe in promoting within.
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
Your role as a Support Worker will include:
- Providing 1-1 and group support sessions
- Creating engaging and creative ways to interact with the people you support
- Help with accessing the community and taking the people you support to their appointments.
- Set person-centred goals and agreeing on how to reach them
- Help with personal care when required
- Support the running of the home including the cooking and cleaning.
The most important qualities needed in a Support Worker are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.