An opportunity has arisen for a full-time Administrative Assistant role within the First Contact/Front Door/ Social Work Academy Children’s Services Teams based in Bedlington. This is a busy admin team and your role within it will be to ensure that the day-to-day essential administrative tasks are carried out. Some of the main tasks could include:
1) To assist in the co-ordination and organisation of reviews, diary appointments, etc for the social work teams.
2) Attend meetings, taking accurate minutes and ensuring distribution as requested.
3) Provide general office support and administration to the social work teams including tasks such as typing, petty cash, photocopying, incoming and outgoing post, circulating relevant forms for completion in preparation for meetings & follow up as appropriate, scanning and uploading on to electronic client records.
4) Maintain information systems such as booking systems, client records ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, ease of use and rapid access.
5) Receive telephone calls, deal with visitors, take messages and answer enquiries, in compliance with the service’s customer care standards.
6) Procurement – raising and receipting of requisitions and processing invoices for payment dealing with any queries as necessary.
7) Assist with various recruitment support activities including arranging Disclosure & Barring Service applications; equipment for new staff; IT access; staff pass; access to systems, Corporate Induction; training and development of less experienced colleagues; acting as coach and mentor as necessary.
The duties and responsibilities above are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post, and the grade has been established on this basis.
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
• 25 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays (rising to 30 after 5 years of service)(pro-rata for part-time employees) • Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Flexi scheme applicable to majority of roles
• Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
• A commitment to work-life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, part-year working, and compressed hours
• Car Leasing Scheme
For further information, please contact Lizzie Jerdan on 07929 846277 or email email@example.com for an informal discussion.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored in the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please also let the team know.