We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses (45p per mile, and for the 2022/2023 financial year an additional fuel allowance for those driving over 300 business miles each month)
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.
About the role
We’re advancing, join us on our journey.
The pandemic has been a real challenge, maybe the hardest in our history, but we’ve advanced as a result.
We are committed to our Social Workers, and we want to give them the opportunity to progress while feeling safe in their practice.
- Offering a comprehensive Learning and Development programme, we provide opportunities to develop specialisms like Practice Educator and AMHP courses.
- We are a learning organisation, and we know that sometimes the best learning comes when you don’t get it right. We turn mistakes into positive learning experiences and are always supporting each other.
- We have committed to enhancing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI). Having a diverse workforce is of the utmost importance especially in terms of shared learning, discussing caseloads and achieving the best outcomes for the people who use our services.
- We are currently working to a hybrid model, with part-remote and flexible options available in line with our service needs. This gives our Social Workers a quiet space and plenty of time for reflection. It has also increased our Social Workers autonomy and has a positive impact on wellbeing and work-life balance.
- We have supportive Team Managers to help facilitate a culture of trust and autonomy whilst supporting Social Workers to thrive in their roles.
We’ve changed a lot but one thing’s for sure, we still love Social Workers. Join us and be part of an authority that has accepted the challenge to constantly improve.
We are looking for exceptional Social Workers to join us on our journey. We have a range of Teams and locations available so apply or get in touch with us today by calling Nathalie on 01223 699263. Alternatively, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for more information.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don’t wait for the closing date to apply, we want to speak to you now!
We know that your time is precious, so our interviews are generally held virtually, by Microsoft Teams, to provide the most flexible recruitment process. We may include a virtual assessment as part of this, but we’ll give you all of the relevant information ahead of time.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We’re looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description and Person Specification.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.