Salary: £42,500 – £50,000 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
Are you hungry for the opportunity to be part of something exciting?
HMP Forest Bank are recruiting for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
You will have the opportunity not only to utilise your current Nursing skills whilst providing the best possible care to your patients but you will also have the opportunity to work as part of a multidisciplinary team across the prison setting promoting a holistic approach to treatment offered to patients in your care.
You will be a role model for the nursing staff team and lead by example. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop others by means of clinical supervision, training and development.
Sodexo Justice Services have provided Healthcare within Prison environments for over 10 years and have learnt and developed how to adapt care in a challenging environment to ensure patients are at the centre of every decision and intervention. If you too would like to enhance your existing skills by Nursing in an environment like no other, then you need to read on.
Sodexo Justice Services prides itself upon a holistic model of care that promotes well being from the inside out. Working with people who have wide range of needs from Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Primary Care and Complex needs. By maximising the opportunity for a full Medical Assessment whilst in custody we prepare patients to be in the best possible condition for when they leave prison. With the aim of reducing the risk of re offending behaviour.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come into custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
The following are the core responsibilities of the Advanced Nurse Practitioner:
- Assist with the prescribing practices and support of the NMP clinicians within the services.
- Develop, implement and embed health promotion and well-being programmes.
- Assist the nursing team to manage patients presenting with a range of acute and chronic medical conditions, providing subject matter expert advice to patients
- Implement and evaluate individual specialized treatment plans for chronic disease patients
- Identify, manage and support patients as risk of developing long-term conditions, preventing adverse effects on the patient’s health
- Provide advanced, specialist nursing care to patients as required in accordance with clinical based evidence, NICE and the NSF
- Deliver medicines management and enhance safe prescribing in the custodial environment
- Provide specialist clinics.
**Full Job Description below**
- Valid NMC registration (Adult Nursing)
- Excellent leadership skills
- Commitment to the delivery of high-quality services
- Previous qualified experience as a registered general nurse
- Post graduate diploma or degree (Advanced Practice Qualification)
- Ability to work within own scope of practice and understanding when to refer to GPs
- Understands the requirement for PGDs and associated policy
- Understands the importance of evidence-based practice
- Requesting pathology tests and processing the results, advising patients accordingly
- Experience of prescribing and undertaking medication reviews
- Experience of working in custodial environment
- Minor Illness Qualification
- Mentorship/ ENB Qualification or working towards
- Clinical Supervisor
- SystmOne Knowledge
- RCA Trained
Location: HMP Forest Bank, Salford, Manchester, England