Salary: Up to £14.17
Shift hours: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for an ARC Relief Operator to join the team who will operate and monitor all notification systems expected in but not limited to the British Standard 5979, including CCTV within the ARC in a professional and efficient manner and adhering to the policies and processes and following the British Standard 7958 and any other relevant British and European Standards and best practise where applicable. To ensure integrity, accuracy and confidentiality of all information gained by compliance with all relevant standards and legislation, whilst preserving the rights of the individual.
- To operate and monitor all systems within the ARC in a prompt and in an efficient manner, ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, legislation and relevant standards and codes of practice.
- Assist in maintaining the British Standards 5979 and 7958 in particular and any other relevant standards as applicable at any time.
- To liaise with the Police, other agencies, contractors and members of staff to ensure the appropriate use of the system. To include all evidential records and witness statements to a standard acceptable to the rules of evidence and observing the BS 10008.
- To record all events and actions taken in a clear, legible and accurate written evidential format. To provide an efficient and courteous communication and telephone answering service and deal efficiently with all enquiries.
- To report equipment failure to the relevant person/department to maximise operational efficiency of the system.
- To maintain a secure system for providing data in accordance with the regulations and recognised standards and ensure the security of the control room and equipment is maintained at all times.
- Hold a current appropriate SIA license (CCTV Operator front line).
- Positive attitude
- Good observation skills
- Good communicator
- Computer literate
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation and standards
- Prepared to work as part of a team