Salary: £10.42 per hour
Are you a team player with a passion for food and people? Do you thrive in a busy environment? If so, then we are looking for someone just like you to help us deliver exceptional customer experience for Chartwells on a permanent casual basis, contracted to 0 hours per week.
As a Assistant, you will contribute to a passionate and friendly team working in a fast-paced environment. You’ll get given every opportunity to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Here’s an idea of what your shift pattern will be:
- Mon: Full-time (Days)
- Tues: Full-time (Days)
- Weds: Full-time (Days)
- Thurs: Full-time (Days)
- Fri: Full-time (Days)
Could you bring your spark to Chartwells? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Creating attractive food and counter displays
- Representing Chartwells and maintaining a positive brand image
- Handling cash and operating the cash register
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
Our ideal Assistant will:
- Have an enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Display passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Be an excellent team player
- Arrive equipped with a desire to succeed in your role
- Thrive working under pressure
- Demonstrate outstanding timekeeping and reliability
- Have a safety-first mind set
- Have experience within a similar catering-related role, but this isn’t essential.
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector. For over a quarter of a century, Chartwells has been focusing on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and lead long healthy lives. Every week, Chartwells serves millions of nutritious and delicious meals to pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges, and universities across the UK. Chartwells is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to successfully completing pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure and a Children’s Barred List check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and we ask applicants to declare all previous convictions and cautions in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Job Reference: com/2009/40523001/52595519/BU #LI-DNP
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone’s talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive – Diversity is Our Strength!