Salary: Up to £30,000
Shift hours: Permanent
Purpose of the Role:
To work closely with the Event Operations Manager in the planning and execution of all events. You will liaise with relevant departments and manage a motivated, trained team with the appropriate skills to ensure targets are achieved. To be customer focused and financially astute to achieve company and client objectives.
- Understanding the requirements of clients and coming up with innovative ideas for events
- Establishing and agreeing upon important parameters, such as budgets and timeframes
- Ensuring adherence to health and safety regulations
- Providing clients or management with regular updates
- Coordinating activities on the day of an event and implement back-up plans when necessary
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Previous Event and Hospitality service experience
- Management experience leading a team
- Understanding of event operations
- The ability to think on your feet and handle pressure
- Good organisation for planning before events
- Passion for high level hospitality
- Innovative ideas and creative thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Keen eye for attention detail.
- Builds good working relationships with all stakeholders and delivers a service that exceeds expectations. Relationships are characterised by a high level of acceptance, co-operation and mutual respect.
- Responds quickly to changing circumstances by being flexible. To not only accept change but to seek it out. Value different perspectives and ideas.
- Adheres to a strong set of moral, ethical and professional principles which shows soundness of personal character, honesty and truthfulness. Takes personal responsibility and accountability
- A real “people” person, with rounded leadership and planning skills, with a capacity to grow and develop into new areas of expertise as required
- Well versed in clarifying client and customer requirements
- Ability to work to deadlines
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector. For over a quarter of a century, Chartwells has been focusing on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and lead long healthy lives. Every week, Chartwells serves millions of nutritious and delicious meals to pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges, and universities across the UK. Chartwells is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to successfully completing pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure and a Children’s Barred List check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and we ask applicants to declare all previous convictions and cautions in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Job Reference: com/1512/76417001/52536846/SU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.