Are you an experienced, motivated Civil Engineer with ambitions of progression and a drive to achieve success?
Do you want to work within a collaborative, dynamic environment, with a team of highly skilled and like-minded Engineers?
Are you committed to excellence and shaping the future of Civil Engineering?
Pick Everard is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary property and construction consultancy with an extensive portfolio of projects across the built environment. We have developed an environment that encourages spirit and drive in all our people and look to provide long-term career opportunities.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Associate Civil Engineer to work across an array of projects within our Highways team in Leicester.
Pick Everard are established and expanding, having been in business for over 160 years. We have become industry leaders by enhancing our focus on excellence, and making sure that people and culture are at the heart of what we do.
You will work to achieve the disciplines’ planned targets through excellent service delivery to our clients, liaising directly with them and where appropriate supporting business development activities along with team development and training.
- Manage a large variety of projects in terms of size, type, and complexity, both single discipline and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Day-to-day control of programming and planning, staff resources and monitoring of team utilisation
- Enthusiastic in taking on new challenges, by applying engineering principles and a practical and pragmatic approach to new and exciting projects
- Manage design teams
- Prepare and oversee designs and reports
- Active involvement with bidding, fee tendering and client interviews
- Deputise for the Director as appropriate
- Represent the firm at client meetings and carry out presentation delivery
- Involvement with the recruitment of staff
- Keeps abreast of new developments and cascades information
- Responsible for ensuring that they and their team be aware of and comply with all Health & Safety requirements, practices, and procedures.
Pick Everard are proud to value individuals and provide the successful candidate with genuine scope to lead and shape the future of our Civil Engineering offering.
You will be able to nurture emerging talent and provide valuable insights to help drive the business forward.
Are you excited to find out more about this role? Contact the team today!
The successful candidate will have significant, proven experience, and be passionate about civil engineering.
You will be able to lead a team and be forward-thinking in your approach. You will be positive, ambitious and proactive, with an understanding of our key objectives and how to deliver them efficiently.
- Team player with a confident, can-do, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Experience liaising with clients and managing infrastructure and drainage schemes, as well as bespoke projects that will require practical application of your experience to date
- An ability to build a good rapport with other parts of our inter-disciplinary practice, while quickly developing a clear understanding of our values, culture and business goals
- Good knowledge of industry design software packages such as Microdrainge / Infodrainage, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D.
- CEng or IEng status beneficial
- Previous experience writing and presenting reports along with client interaction and work winning
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrable through writing and presenting
- Experience in a variety of different forms of contract beneficial