Are you a Principal or Associate chartered Surveyor seeking a leadership role? Are you seeking a career move which can provide progression and autonomy?
Due to continued and sustained expansion of our building surveying discipline, we are looking to appoint an Associate Director in Birmingham. This role will see you delivering exiting projects across a range of sectors to include heritage, education, healthcare, commercial, central government, defence and retail.
You will play a pivotal role, helping us shape our emerging talent within the discipline.
- Provides project leadership and direction on complex projects and programmes – monitors progress and expenditure of all team projects.
- Manages a team of surveyors and support resources or area of specific technical delivery, including pastoral care and technical development of junior staff.
- Contributes to achieving business plan targets through effective management and development of existing and new client accounts.
- Prepares and oversees designs and reports.
- Lead on team business development activities including bidding and client development and contribute to national bids as required.
- Actively contribute to the Discipline Business Plan and strategic / sector specific business objectives of the wider Building Surveying team
- Undertakes client management or sector bidding responsibility on significant client / sector areas, providing focus for client or sector development.
- Deputises, supports, and reports to Directors and National Director within discipline.
As the Associate Director for Building Surveying, you will forward-thinking, commercially aware, and driven to enhancing your own and Pick Everard’s successes.
This role will suit an experienced Principal or Associate Building Surveyor, looking to make their next career move. Alternatively, an Associate Director looking for a new opportunity. You will have demonstrable knowledge of working across a range of sectors in a consultancy environment.
- Chartered Surveyor with considerable experience in relevant position, including team management.
- RICS or MCIOB qualified. Undertaking relevant CPD activities
- Industry knowledge across a variety of sectors
- Superior level of technical knowledge and strong in business development skills
- Strong bid writing and presentation skills to clients
- Ability to control day to day programming and planning of projects
- Ability to manage, monitor and control workload and resource allocation
- Ability to monitor progress and expenditure of projects
- Knowledge of conducting legal/expert witness work
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration and Benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Enhanced Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards – including enhanced annual leave and vouchers
- Annual Being PickEverard awards
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Spot Rewards
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan at senior level
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support and Employee Assistance Programme
Please note we do not accept speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Pick Everard is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey.