Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is our state-of-the-art, 65 bed mental health facility for adults situated in the new Kent Medical Campus in Maidstone.
We are currently recruiting for a Bank Kitchen Assistant with previous experience working in a catering/kitchen/hospitality environment who can cover flexible ad hoc shifts as and when required to cover for annual leave, sickness, training, etc.
You will assist the Chef in ensuring that all catering areas are maintained in a hygienic, clean, tidy and safe manner, as per the operational standards, and assist in all relevant aspects of the catering operation as required.
Shift times are earliest start at 7:00am and latest finish at 5:30pm.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while being part of an organisation that cares about helping people.
In this role you’ll:
- Assist in the preparation of balanced, appetising meals
- Perform cooking tasks & other kitchen duties
- Ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen, service areas & dining room
- Wash utensils, dishes & make sure they are stored appropriately
- Rotate stock & put away all deliveries
- Maintain personal hygiene to comply with Cygnet standards and food hygiene regulations
- Handle, maintain & store kitchen equipment in accordance with Cygnet procedures
- Use chemicals in line with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations
We’re looking for people who have:
- Experienced in catering, preferably within a care setting
- The holder of a food hygiene certificate, with good personal hygiene standards
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn & an active team member
- Polite & professional, with a positive attitude at all times
- An excellent communicator able to liaise with people at all levels
- Diligent & take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness
- Able to work on your own initiative, as part of a team & under supervision
In return we will offer you:
- Flexible working
- Employee Discount Scheme
- DBS paid
- Regular coaching and support
- Subsidised meals
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Reference: CYG31355