Shift Hours: Day shifts and Night shifts –
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Bank Support Worker – Wellington
Support Workers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for Support Workers to join our team in Wellington
Wellington Support provide support to adults with Mental Health conditions, Learning Disabilities and other complex needs. Our support is provided in a mixture of locations across Northampton and Kettering ranging from small, homely three bed shared accommodation to clusters of self-contained flats. Staff support is provided 24 hours per day.
We focus on individualised packages of support to enable people to reach their goals of achieving and sustaining their level of independence, this is through community inclusion and partnership and working closely with community teams.
Days are spent supporting people to learn new skills or to find motivation to regain lost skills. This may be shopping, cooking, budgeting and other daily living skills. Our staff also support to attend to community responsibilities, such as medical appointments, attending college or voluntary positions or maybe just popping to town for window shopping and a cuppa. When not out and about staff are on hand for chats and advice to help when times become challenging.
We have a variety of shifts available on a bank basis including day, sleeps and weekends.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our Support Workers do. That is why we offer:
- A hourly rate of £8.72
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
Bank Support Workers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
Your role as a Support Worker will include:
– Providing 1-1 and group support sessions
– Creating engaging and creative ways to interact with the people you support
– Help with accessing the community and taking the people you support to their appointments.
– Set person-centred goals and agreeing on how to reach them
– Help with personal care when required
– Support the running of the home including the cooking and cleaning.
The most important qualities needed in a Support Worker are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
Our Ideal Bank Worker will:
– Be able to pick up a variety of shifts
– Proactive and Supportive whilst on shift
– Confident with some lone working.
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.