Salary: up to £50000 depending on experience
Shift hours: Permanent
Are you a Bid Writer looking for a fresh challenge?
Our market leading Sales and Retention team are searching for an ambitious Bid Writer to support our UK Defence, Government and Energy sector – ESS. Ideally you will work from our Birmingham Office two to three days per week, with the added flexibility to also work from home.
You will be involved in the project management of the entire bid lifecycle. This will include researching, authoring, editing and challenging content, supporting the development of win strategies and persuasive delivery structures, whilst creating bid guidelines and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
As the Bid Writer you will be responsible for ensuring that bid responses are written in a style and format to ensure:
- Full compliance with all stated requirements
- Professionally structured answers to maximise ease of reading and award of marks by the evaluator
- Clarity of win themes and client WITY (What’s Important To You)
- Quantifiable evidence to support our proposed solution
- Consistency across multiple answers, in terms of language and messaging
- Deployment of best practice writing techniques
- Responses are proofread and edited appropriately
- Work with, and challenge SMEs where required, to ensure that their responses are appropriate and compliant
- Own designated questions, review, edit and enhance all answers insuring that there is an introduction and summary for each section where relevant
- Author first draft executive summaries
- Author case studies and CVs that are high impact, relevant and adhere to brand standards
- Provide style guides and writer instructions to all members of the bid team
- Develop new content for the knowledge library
- Mentor and support the wider team as required.
- Ambitious, people oriented, inquisitive, passionate, organised with the ability to build relationships quickly and effectively at all levels of the business
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team, and lead SMEs and operators to support the successful delivery of the bid programme
- Uses the right influencing techniques to gain the necessary commitment and support from others, both internally and externally
- Listens to others, and values their contributions, receptive to new ideas, and acts in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
- Expert writing skills and attention to detail
- 5 years+ writing/editing experience
- Able to work as part of a team and independently using their own initiative
- Proven track record in working on and winning complex, high value bids
- Proven track record of persuasive bid writing to create compelling sales documents
- Able to build relationships internally and externally, comfortable working at Director level with the necessary skills to guide a diverse team successfully through the bid process
- Creative, strategic thinking and ability to look at different ways of doing things
- Willingness to develop, drive and implement new solutions
- Appropriate experience in tender management methodology
- Ability to manage complex, multi-service scenarios and to think clearly under pressure
- Willingness to travel when required.
Highly desirable attributes
- Experience of working on high value bids £50m+
- Professional bid management training i.e. Shipley/Bid Perfect methodology
- High value public sector bid experience
- Soft FM, Hard FM, professional services or construction bid writing experience
- English/journalism degree, or A Level English to Grade A
- Advanced Word and Microsoft systems skills.