At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Business Accountant to join our team in Portland House in Solihull.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The key purpose of this role is to own the processes and responsibility of the general ledger accounts and reconciliations for Fixed Assets and Cash areas of the balance sheet.
- This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires a good understanding of the Record to Report function with particular emphasis on month end reporting, balance sheet efficiency, compliance with Sarbannes Oxley and knowledge of our systems, like SAP.
- We’re looking for someone who is computer literate and numerate. Has sound administrative, organisation and customer service skills. Knowledge of accounting for Fixed Assets, Leasing (IFRS 16) and Cash would be an advantage.
- Reporting directly to the R2R Senior Manager, you will lead a team of Assistant Accountants and be responsible for managing and motivating them to sustain high standards of service delivery.
- Maintaining a positive working environment and contributing to the wider R2R strategic aims.
You will be a qualified accountant – ACCA, CIMA or qualified by experience. In addition to this you will have:
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, are a must. You’ll produce reports which are used within the business as well as representing the R2R function in business review meetings.
- We need someone able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines. We’re a complex business, so ideally you’ll have worked in large organisations where you have multiple and competing priorities. Being logical and organised would certainly help.
- A team player with the ability to identify and address problems by developing logical solutions.
- Acting as a business partner, you’ll work with operational finance teams and auditors, so developing and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders, internal and external is essential. We’re customer focused and want individuals who will exceed their customer’s expectations.
- We need someone who can identify and implement improvements to processes, whilst also assisting with the testing of new functionality/systems where appropriate.
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/111/1181