Location: we are looking for a Business Development Manager who is ideally based North of Birmingham as the role requires travel from Gateshead in the North East to Lancaster in the North West down to Luton/border of M25.
The Business Development Manager will have the responsibility of working with Operational Management teams, Divisional Directors – Adults and Supported Living , Finance teams and Group Executive in the development and marketing of new and existing services and ongoing public relations exercises to increase the profile of the Company. You will lead on maximizing occupancy across a variety of social care settings; working with the Registered Manager to support the end-to-end referral process, including lead generation and building new relationships with Local and Health Commissioning Authorities.
You will act as a representative of Salutem Care and Education, working within and embodying our core values at all times.
There will be a real focus on promoting the organisations standards and values with external partners. Overseeing the processes for maintaining and improving occupancy at all the Salutem sites and services.
The post holder will be responsible to the Group Head of Business Development and will be responsible for undertaking delegated work as detailed in the Company Commercial Plan and agreed by the Board of Directors.
- To promote Salutem Care and Education and the various services to prospective purchasers, carers and other professionals.
- ·To lead on the development of new services as defined through commissioner relationships and which match the strategic aims of Salutem Care and Education.
- ·To provide support to the Referral coordinators, agreeing their programme of work with the Group Head of Business Development
- To liaise with operational services, arrange visits to the various services for prospective purchasers and other interested parties.
- To lead on the preparation of Contract bids, Frameworks, Tenders and written proposals for potential contracts working together with the Business Development Support Manager
- To assist where required in the production of marketing and P.R. material for individual projects and the Company as a whole in partnership with the Marketing Team
· To support any conference activity and be ‘front of house’ if the Company is represented.
· To actively seek to fill vacancies in existing services through existing purchasers and new potential purchasers.
· To work closely with finance team ensuring correct fees are agreed prior to placement with referring body. Assisting in discussions with commissioners where necessary in relation to delayed payments.
· To support central finance team in the process to achieve inflationary uplifts
· To forge links with new potential purchasers and current commissioners/local authorities through face-to-face contacts and ongoing marketing.
· To contribute to Board reports on a regular basis by a written report on the potential new developments available.
· To inform the wider team of new developments and receive feedback on ideas on how to improve the service.
· To work with the operational team to re-model existing services to deliver fit for purpose, future proof services.
· To maintain the corporate culture within the existing staff teams and to promote a positive attitude towards the company by communication, incentives and other innovative ideas.
· To be responsible for the promotion of the Salutem Group to carers, external professionals and other interested parties.
· To ensure pipeline referral information is updated onto the Salesforce Database after discussions with external parties and ensure update is communicated to the Group.
· To lead on the preparation of Contract bids, Frameworks, Tenders and written proposals for potential contracts.