Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
Are you a little bit mad?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Right now Card Factory has over 1000 stores… that’s why we can offer job security and great career progression. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination. What’s more, Card Factory is ambitious, passionate and forward thinking with a management style that is open and honest, encouraging people to contribute to the business at every level.
We are currently looking for an experienced Buyer to join our fast-paced environment in a team who work closely together and no job is too big or small! In this role, you will be involved with making peoples life moments special and you get to be a part of a team that are one of the biggest and most exciting categories in the business!
- Manage a portfolio of products to ensure the critical paths for the range are followed and take corrective action to resolve issues when needed;
- Management of the range plan for your category alongside the Assistant Buyer, ensuring that accurate and timely data is provided to influence the decision-making process;
- Manage the product development ensuring it meets customer requirements (pricing, product design, and product trend) and is linked to strategy and financial targets;
- Responsible for working with the Quality Control team to ensure products are sourced with relevant safety and quality standards and supplier audits are in place;
- Analyse and evaluate the overall performance of the product area weekly against budget, LFL and strategy, identify lessons learnt to make informed decisions to trade your category and manage risk to drive sales and profitability;
- Drive sales and profitability through effective negotiations on key deliverables.
- Ability to have tough, honest conversations that drive performance;
- Experience interpreting financial data to improve profit and sales;
- Experience managing all administration that is connected to the area.
- Be able to confidently raise opportunities to the Senior Leadership team to ensure team success;
- Is able to build working relationships within the team, and with other key stakeholders;
- Work in an ethical, sustainable and legal way in sourcing of product;
- Be results-focused and plans ahead, dealing with issues before they escalate;
- Be commercially aware and seek ways to improve profit;
Competitive salary and benefits package