At Ambito, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults, young people and children. Based in 34 acres in Pentyrch, Cardiff, we are more than just a school – we are a wonderfully warm and vibrant community where children and young adults come to learn, live, have fun in a specialist environment and get the most out of life.
Craig-y-Parc School provides education for pupils aged 3-19 years with physical and sensory disabilities, complex needs such as cerebral palsy, epilepsy and a wide range of additional learning needs. We work closely with the pupils, parents, families and other carers and professionals, creating an environment where learning, ability, independence and success are central to all that we do.
As our Caretaker, you will be responsible for providing a high-quality caretaking service within Craig y Parc to ensure buildings and practices meet Health and Safety legislation.
• To carry out general maintenance tasks in order to ensure that buildings are maintained and repairs carried out as required.
• Reactive repairs and planned works to include:
– Painting and decorating,
– General works to include putting up shelves, furniture, blinds and curtain poles.
– Replacing general locks.
– Grounds maintenance to include grass cutting, weeding, and hedge trimming.
– Basic electrical works including changing light bulbs and ensuring communal lighting is operational.
– Change a light switch/socket an advantage but not essential.
– Basic plumbing works an advantage but not essential.
– To use initiative and report any works required that can be carried out by an external contractor.
• Checking and monitoring the quality of contracted services (e.g. window cleaning gardening and cleaning)
• Ensuring parking areas are maintained appropriately
• To liaise with external contractors and visitors to the site and provide access to servicing contractors as necessary
• Checking that communal equipment is maintained and regularly serviced
• Ensuring refuse disposal facilities function properly and the site is free from bulky refuse
• Operating and managing designated plant and equipment, e.g. communal heating and lighting settings
• Carrying out supplementary cleaning duties, e.g. clearing spillages where not covered under contract arrangements
• Void works, getting properties of various sizes ready to let the following departure of the previous tenant in a timely manner, could include, repair works, cleaning, redecorating.
• Understand the principles of equality and diversity and/or have a willingness to learn;
• To undertake Hydro Pool Care and maintenance
• To ensure the Craig y Parc site is secure to safeguard our children and young people.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.