Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Preparation and cooking of food
- Ensuring the kitchen areas are clean and tidy
- Health and safety regulations, ensuring they are followed at all times
- Delivering a world class customer experience to our customers and staff
- Assisting in all areas of the kitchen for breakfast, lunch, evening meal and hospitality 5 out of 7 days per week. (No split shifts)
- To organise and assist in the preparation and presentation of all food service at the required time, and as laid down in the Service Level Agreement, and the clients, customers and Sodexo’s satisfaction.
To ensure that all food prepared with due care ad attention, particularly in relation to customer’s special dietary requirements, for example nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
To ensure that the company’s legal and mandatory documentation is completed.
- Experience, ideally in a contract catering related environment
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrative ability to work in a team work
- Show the ability to follow instructions and supervise a small team
- Basic Food Hygiene and Basic Health and Safety certificates are advantageous but not essential
- Proven track record of employment within the catering industry
- Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:- City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 and possess a basic level food safety certificate
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent
- Flexibility on work schedule will be required at times
Location: Derby, England