Salary: £23,000 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Catering Manager to join us in leading our team to provide an excellent catering service at the prestigious school Wellington College. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
In this role, you will provide clear direction to your team and you’ll work closely with the client and nurture the strong stakeholder relationships by providing an exceptional service to our customers.
The catering team within the boarding school operate 7 days a week overseeing the main dining area and food service counters. This role does involve being on a rota and you will be required to work 5 out of 7 days.
This role is subject to Safer Recruitment checks and the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS.
Rise with Sodexo
- Continually monitor all food standards, to ensure that they are to the required client and Sodexo expectation.
- To monitor the serving and storage of foods, keeping records as required and taking appropriate action where necessary to ensure that we comply with HACCP procedures
- To actively manage the team to ensure that all preparation is completed in good time for every service
- Monitor all food hygiene and health and safety standards, to ensure they are maintained to the required client and Sodexo expectation as outlined by Safeguard.
- To ensure that all food is served with due care and attention and to be accountable for all customer dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- Supervise and train staff on all aspects of Health and Safety/Food Safety relevant your work area to include Safe Systems of Work and Observed Competency Checks
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A flexible approach to working hours and promote a positive mental outlook to all aspects of work
- Basic Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Certificates
- Contract catering experience
- Ability to set high standards, achievable through striving for continuous improvement
- Ability to act on own initiative and also to work effectively as part of a team
Location: Berkshire, England