Salary: £26000 – £26000
Shift hours: Permanent
Your role is to support the General Manager, in achieving exceptional sales for all events at Exeter and Wincanton Racecourse, whilst delivering excellent customer service. Alongside the General Manager ensure the department is operating efficiently and effectively whilst directing the team to create a supportive and energetic environment.
You will be operationally responsible for:
- Leading the retail team on event days alongside the General Manager, delivering event information and set out expectations for the day.
- Supporting the People Operations Team with the recruitment and training of the casual workforce including Supervisors and Managers.
- Ensuring they provide a customer focused experience, dealing with any customer service issues accordingly.
- Reviewing efficiencies of all outlets, constantly striving to improve productivity and customer service, in accordance with the JCC and JCR brand guidelines.
- Assessing staffing levels and communicate with HOD’s the retail plan and any requirements.
- Preparing the venue for opening at each event, in accordance with the SOP manual.
- Responsible for the retail team on raceday and non-race day and cellar operations.
- Ensuring all stock levels are in accordance with the required levels, whilst ensuring that staff are complying with stock management processes, including opening, and closing stock levels, date rotation, transfers, and wastage.
- Ensuring that all areas are fully stocked, and staff are aware of cook off par levels required before opening and throughout the event.
- Ordering of all stock in preparation for racedays and any non-raceday events.
You will be customer centric, with previous bar management experience within the hospitality sector.
You must hold strong interpersonal skills and relationship management with the ability to motivate others, plan, organise and delegate.
A passion and hunger for ensuring an exceptional hospitality experience, be able to inspire the entire and varied team to work as one is vital to this role.