Salary: £9.01 per hour – Total Vacancy Hours: 22.5
Shift hours: Part Time
Wherstead Park is ‘home’ to not only our East of England Co-op colleagues, but also to many other businesses and their valued teams.
As Central Services Clerk, you’ll provide these colleagues and businesses with excellent service through effectively managing and processing all incoming and outgoing post and deliveries, and responding to any associated questions or queries they may have.
A lot of Head Office teams are currently working from home under Government guidelines but, as part of the role, you’ll normally get to meet lots of different people. The role also offers variety, in offering the opportunity to get involved with different tasks with the facilities management and events teams.
- Receive and sort incoming post and packages, distributing these to the correct colleagues, departments, or tenants.
- Collect outgoing post, packages and other items from colleagues, departments, and tenants.
- Process and register the details of external post, using the Royal Mail portal and prepare items for collection.
- Deliver urgent items or packages to other Society locations, external businesses / offices and the Post Office, as required.
- Administrative tasks including photocopying, filing and maintaining records
- Ensure office facilities consumables maintained.
As part of the role, you’ll also be asked to support the facilities management and events teams, with tasks like emergency light testing, gritting the car park in bad weather and setting up rooms for meetings and events.
- Commitment to delivering excellent ‘customer’ service.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues.
- IT literate (able to use Microsoft Office and the Internet).
- Effective written communication skills.
- Able to work efficiently under pressure, without compromising on accuracy and attention to detail.
- A team player, who’s equally happy to proactively work on their own for periods of time.
- Flexible approach to work (both in terms of working hours and ability to adapt to varying demands).
- Full UK driving licence, comfortable to drive a small van.
Whilst not essential, basic maintenance skills would be desirable.
Location: Wherstead Park, The Street, Wherstead, Ipswich