Salary: £21.000 – £21.000
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Chef Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- 1 Work in the kitchen assisting in the daily preparation of food, making inroads & innovations into creating food concepts, promotions, health eating and sustainable fish options.
- 2 Comply with all company and client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health and Safety, Safe Working Practices, Hygiene, Cleanliness, Fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the workplace and training of staff in these.
- 3 Liaise with Dial A Snack, Vending, Chefs and Management on all food service issues.
- 4 Ensure all training is carried out weekly ensuring we are compliant with Health & Safety and Food Safety.
- 5 Plan and cost menus to meet the food service offer specified in the contract using Recipe Online and Chef’s Work to ensure compliance with fixed food cost. Ensure compliance with menu planning, ordering and stock control procedures — ordering from Sodexo nominated suppliers.
- 6 Carry out craft training to improve production skills within the unit to ensure emphasis on healthy eating, presentation and promotions.
- 7 Ensure that control of raw materials and portions are to the company’s standards and that food is served at the correct temperatures.
- 8 Ensure the store person receives and checks in goods against invoice for quantity and quality ensured temperature records are maintained. Ensure that all goods are quickly and correctly stored away on rotation system following the “first in, first out” rule and comply with health and safety regulations.
- 9 Ensure all costs and expenditure is within the budgeted levels agreed between the client and Sodexo. Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases and stock as agreed with your Line Manager.
- 10 Walk the floor during service periods to ensure that excellent levels of service are being delivered, speak to customers to gain feedback on the service provided. On a daily basis complete pre and post service briefings with all staff to ensure they are fully informed of the menu items, promotions etc.
- 11 Liaise administration staff to ensure that the company’s administrative documentation including wages, invoices and procedures are carried out to the Sodexo Way Compliance Standards.
- 12 Ensure all team members receive the appropriate statutory training as may be necessary to perform their job and improve performance and promotion prospects.
- 13 Ensure audits for cook chill are being carried out and appropriate actions are being taken.
- 14 Liaise with cook chill production supervisor to ensure all menus are out in appropriate time for orders to be placed.
- 15 Support the Line Manager in staff appraisals to promote good employee relations and operate with company procedures, legislation and the Investors in People Standards (staff appraisals to be conducted at least annually).
- 16 Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the company’s and client’s standards e.g. Health and Safety, food hygiene.
- 17 Ensure that the areas under your control are left clean and tidy at all times and ensure cleaning rotas are in place.
- 18 Ensure high standards of personal performance, hygiene, appearance and cleanliness at all times.
- 19 Ensure that all catering equipment within the kitchen is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to management / client and maintenance engineer, ensure they are rectified and equipment is not used until safe.
- 20 Ensure that the kitchen and stores are safe and secure at all times.
- 21 Ensure that the temperature of fridges, freezers and hot cupboards / serveries are monitored and recorded in line with company regulations and the Food Safety Act, ensure all areas comply with HACCP.
- 22 Ensure there is adequate cover in the kitchen at all times; plan work schedules according to skills.
- and abilities whilst maximising flexibility; plan holidays to achieve “self cover” where possible. Cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness.
- 23 Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service which Sodexo provide.
- 24 Comply with all Sodexo company policies / procedures and client site rules and regulations.
- 25 Assist at any special ad hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours.
- 26 Report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible always following company procedure and informing Line Manager.
- 27 Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or any other irregularities and take the appropriate action.
- 28 Carry out any reasonable request by management.
- 29 Initiate a process of continuous improvement by undertaking company promotions and extraordinary merchandising initiatives to ensure the profitable growth of the contract.
Location: Ardagh Glass Irvine, Scotland