The Birchwood family are recruiting!
Birchwood is a vibrant and welcoming 14-bed residential care home in Chesham with three purpose-built, spacious bungalows, supporting adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities. We provide a high level of support to enable all the people we support to meet their personal goals and future aspirations! Birchwood is located close to the town centre with the shops just ten minutes away. There are also pubs and coffee shops just around the corner!
The individuals we support are a sociable bunch and love spending time with friends at home and out in the community. With the local coffee shop just minutes away, you’ll often find us there having chatting and enjoying our time together. The individuals we support like going into the town centre with their support workers and are often shopping. There are lots of beautiful walks around Chesham and the Roald Dahl Museum isn’t very far either.
We are all very well supported here as staff at Birchwood and none of our efforts go unnoticed. We understand what’s important and always try our best to help the individuals live their best lives! No two days are the same, one day we’re partaking in a family event or party and the next we’re out window shopping and sightseeing! There is huge variety in the role and lots to learn with lots of opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
Now we've shared a glimpse of what it's like to work for us, let us introduce ourselves. We’re Salutem and we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of children and adults in England and Wales across our residential homes, schools and day centres. Our dedicated support teams empower individuals to overcome any obstacles and live the life they choose.
The post holder is responsible for carrying out general housekeeping tasks both individually and as part of a cohesive team in order to ensure that Birchwood improves maintains its level of cleanliness and hygiene at all times.
We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
– £75 cost of living bonus – We’re supporting our team with a monthly pre-tax bonus when they need it most.*
– Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales – We have a development and reward initiative in place for all our individual colleagues and teams, showing clear career pathways, progression & promotion opportunities, and pay scales to work towards if desired.
– Perkbox – Get over 200 exclusive perks and discounts, plus wellbeing and wellness content.
– Blue Light Card – Working in social care, all our staff qualify for thousands of discounts in shops, restaurants, and venues on the high street with a Blue Light Card. You can register to get 2-years access to the Blue Light Card for £4.99 and reclaim this cost via our expenses process.
– Wagestream – Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
– Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
– Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance – To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
– Blink, our internal communications app – Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
– Pension scheme – for all qualifying staff
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
*Terms and conditions apply.
– To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner.
– To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of our quality framework.
– To carry out general housekeeping duties within Birchwood and maintain a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation.
– To work as part of a team in providing a clean and hygienic environment.
– Work as part of a team and develop effective working relationships with colleagues and learners.
– Understand health and safety legislation and/or have a willingness to learn.
– Understand the principles of equality and diversity and/or have a willingness to learn.
– Understand the importance of personal and practical hygiene.
– The post holder will demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with the Housekeeper, immediate colleagues and the full range of colleagues at all levels within the service.
– The post holder will be able to escalate problems back to the Manager and follow their guidance on the appropriate resolution.
The service that is delivered by the post holder is essential to ensuring the highest possible environmental standards for our service users and team.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
We hope this gives you a little glimpse into this role and vibe of our organisation. We want everyone at Salutem to live their best lives, and look forward to hearing from you too! #applynow