Are you an outstanding Clinical/Counselling/Forensic Psychologist with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We need a Qualified Psychologist who’s passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs. Working on a part time, 20 hours per week basis.
Maximising positive outcomes & recovery for our patients– it’s a challenging, satisfying vocation.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
Cygnet Nield House:
Cygnet Nield House in Crewe is our 29-bed mental health hospital for women.
Cygnet Nield House is split into two distinct wards, each offering specialist mental health services:
Clarion Ward, a 14 bed complex personality disorder service for women with a dual diagnosis of personality disorder and co-morbid disordered eating.
Compton Ward, a 15 bed acute service for women. The service provides a safe and stabilising environment for women who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission.
- You’ll be working 20 hours a week (2.5 days)
- Work as a team Psychologist within the multidisciplinary team (MDT) on Compton Ward
- Carry out psychological assessments & provide both individual and group work
- Collaboratively develop care plans with the MDT
- Provide training & supervision to colleagues, & consultation to teams
- Evaluate the service, contribute to its development & carry out clinical research
- Disseminate outcomes via conference presentations and publications.
- Facilitate formulation meetings
We are looking for someone who is…
- A HCPC registered Psychologist or applicants awaiting HCPC registration (Newly Qualified)
- Experience in a clinical forensic or mental health setting
- Experience or a passion for working within an Acute/PICU service
- Preferably trained in or with an interest in brief solution focussed therapies and/ or trauma informed work
- Passionate about working with people with a range of complex mental health needs
- Capable of treating difficulties such as self-harm, physical & verbal aggression.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or email VickyLinstead@cygnethealth.co.uk
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Job Reference: CYG32781