At Griffiths, our people are our company. The way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work – is a core value that has driven our continued growth over the past five decades. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. We are a Welsh regional civil engineering and construction contractor with our head office based in Abergavenny. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England we construct new roads, bridges and railways as well as maintaining existing developments.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently looking for a Commercial Administrator to join our rail project team supporting our Core Valley Line package of work in Taff’s Well, South Wales.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Commercial Administrator you may have worked in a similar industry and may have experience of working on civil engineering projects, although not essential. Other responsibilities for this role, whilst being supported, will include:
- Cost control – monitor all costs to date for the project, keep accurate, cumulative site costs and support the project team with forecast costs.
- Ensure accurate records of works completed are maintained to include cost records, diaries, etc.
- Ensure timesheets are collated and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure the site team’s produced documentation, notices, timesheets, delivery notes etc., are uploaded on to the online Project cloud portal via SharePoint.
- Auditing Subcontract information received, including but not limited to timesheets, applications and invoices
- Provide assistance to management and commercial functions of a project as required.
- Undertake commercial analysis work as directed for management reporting purposes.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A higher education qualification is desirable, but not essential
- A passion for safety
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to work as part of a team, and complete tasks independently
- Good IT skills specifically on spreadsheets, databases and the ability to adapt to bespoke software packages
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Commercial awareness
- Creativity and imagination
- Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: Pontypridd, Mid Glamorgan, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39518/2280