Salary: Up to £27,000 per annum depending on experience
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we’re the UK and Ireland’s number one catering and support services provider.
Reporting to the Head of Employee & Client Communications and working closely with the Internal Communications Manager, this role will form part of the busy communications team that delivers a communications programme across a range of internal and external channels for Compass Group UK & Ireland and its sectors.
Role and responsibilities
- Deliver internal communications in line with the business’ objectives, including putting together the weekly business operational updates
- Support the team to deliver engaging and impactful communications
- Manage the Compass Group UK & Ireland intranet, internal comms channels and website, including writing engaging copy, delivering exciting content and dealing with our hosting provider
- Support with client communications
- Support the project to introduce an employee engagement tool – to better communicate with our frontline employees
- Help manage the UK comms inbox – directing enquires appropriately
- Be available to be part of the team rota for out of office hours enquiries from journalists.
The successful candidate will
- Have good experience working in a busy communications team either agency side or in a large, public sector or private organisation.
- Be comfortable working across different digital channels and be interested in the trends that shape content and collaboration on these channels.
- Be comfortable working under pressure, handling multiple tasks and prioritising as needed.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills with high standards of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Be a self-starter, highly organised and comfortable working both autonomously and within teams.
- Be a person who enjoys collaborating with colleagues and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders