Are you passionate about building strong communities and making a positive impact? Do you have exceptional organisational and leadership skills? Join our team as a Community Hub Volunteer Manager and play a pivotal role in fostering a vibrant and connected local community.
We are a dynamic and forward-thinking care organisation committed to creating a hub where individuals can come together, share experiences, and contribute to a thriving community. Our Community Hub serves as a focal point for various activities, events, and initiatives aimed at enhancing the quality of life for residents.
As the Community Hub Volunteer Manager, you will be the driving force behind recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers to ensure the smooth operation of the hub's diverse programs and activities. Your leadership will be instrumental in creating an inclusive and welcoming environment that encourages community participation and engagement.
The Community Volunteer Hub Manager for North London is the first point of contact for any volunteer wanting to come into the local hub for volunteering opportunities. The role is managing the recruitment process, from interviewing and identifying the right role to onboard offering some training of volunteers. The role will also include ensuring our existing volunteers are engaged through regular visits and communication. Providing a good volunteer experience for all.
This post is part time for 30 hours per week.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th September.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive volunteer recruitment strategy to attract a diverse group of volunteers.
- Conduct orientations, training sessions, and workshops to equip volunteers with the necessary skills and knowledge.
- Collaborate with the program coordinators to assess the hub's needs and allocate volunteers effectively.
- Foster a positive and collaborative atmosphere among volunteers, encouraging teamwork and mutual support.
- Maintain accurate volunteer records, track hours, and recognize volunteer contributions through various appreciation initiatives.
- Act as a liaison between volunteers and hub management, addressing concerns and providing regular updates.
- Organize and oversee community events, workshops, and outreach activities that align with the hub's mission and values.
- Continuously assess and improve volunteer management processes based on feedback and evolving community needs.
- Plan, organise and implement regular volunteer meetings and an annual ‘Thank You’ event for volunteers.
- Lead special projects, e.g., supported volunteering, employee volunteering, Mitzvah Day, Volunteers Week, and volunteer initiatives etc.
- Management of shop volunteers and overseeing the purchasing, selling, and monitoring stock levels.
What you will need:
- Relevant experience in volunteer management, including recruitment, training, and coordination.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to connect with a diverse range of volunteers and community members.
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Empathy, patience, and a passion for community building.
- Proficiency in using digital tools and platforms for communication and record keeping.