At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Concrete Quality Technician to join our friendly team based in our Maltby site, South Yorkshire. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, the successful candidate will focus on the all quality aspects for the manufacture and production of concrete aggregate blocks at a site-based level, this role is there to provide support to the site operational team as well as the central Quality Management with the day to day QA/QC testing associated to aggregate block manufacture.
- Undertake testing to ensure that raw materials comply with the target specifications
- Train staff to ensure that employees working in production are aware of the quality requirements, capable of controlling the process and responsible for managing their own quality standards.
- Undertake strengths and density tests to ensure compliance with relevant standard to ensure excellent customer service via quality.
- Develop and monitor continuous improvement programs, aiming to reduce the number of defects and improve levels of quality.
- Review of statistical data from the production lines to identify quality problems. To analyse the data and recommend changes to production processes or quality controls to eliminate the problems.
As the successful candidate, you will ideally possess previous experience working as a Quality Technician or Quality Inspector within a Concrete manufacturing environment.
However, we are willing to consider candidates with general Quality Control knowledge and higher A-level grades in Chemistry.
- Experience in concrete technology
- A-Level chemistry – Desirable
- Be IT Literate
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary + Fantastic Benefits
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/117/1055