Are you an outstanding Consultant CAMHS Psychiatrist looking for new challenges, career development and a competitive salary?
We have an excellent full-time opportunity at our brand new CAMHS service Joyce Parker Hospital for a Consultant Psychiatrist. This will be working on Pixie Ward.
Pixie Ward is our 14 bed general adolescent acute service, providing support for young people, male and female. The service is focused on helping them return home and is dedicated to helping young people maintain their school placements, if possible. Admissions can be either formal or informal. Pixie Ward is now open and accepting referrals.
The post will be 4 days working on site, 1 day working from home.
We can also consider Part Time for those looking less than Full Time hours.
Joyce Parker Hospital is our newly opened specialist CAMHS service in Coventry. The service supports young people aged up to 18 with a range of mental health disorders.
In this role, your expertise will be the driving force for life-changing treatment – fully supported by a Specialty Doctor and first-class multidisciplinary team.
And you’ll have the opportunity to progress to Medical Director level through our management schemes.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Your role responsibilities…
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Take overall responsibility for patient treatment plans in conjunction with the MDT
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Undertake appropriate investigations, diagnosis & treatment
- Participate in ward rounds & clinical audits
- Lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management & embed clinical governance
- Supervise reports for Mental Health Act tribunals & managers’ hearings & attend hearings
- Participate in the 1:7 Second Telephone on-call rota
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Attractive salary – Negotiable (Depending on experience)
- £4,000 welcome bonus
- Up to £4,000 relocation package
- 32 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- 5 days study leave, study budget and in-house CPD/ peer group programme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme covering 3x salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Research opportunities to include publishing in The Cygnet Journal (Cygnet’s co-produced peer review journal) and joining the Cygnet Research & Development Group
- Teaching opportunities including teaching medical students, teaching on the Cygnet CESR programme and Cygnet MRCPsych programme
- Opportunity to lead and participate in QI & Audit initiatives
- Company Funded Cash plan with the ability to claim up to £1000 per annum worth of benefits including free Physiotherapy, Osteopaths, Optical, dental, consultations, scans and free prescriptions
- Gym Discounts across the UK as well as free online fitness classes with ClassPass, Nutritional Programmes and Fitness Consultations
- Discount schemes including Reward Gateway, NHS Discount and Blue Lights Card
- Free meals, on-site parking and EAP support
- Smart Health Toolkit, including 24 hour GP service with the option of prescription delivery to your local pharmacy
We are looking for someone who is…
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Registered on the specialist register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (CCT/CESR), Section 12 and AC Status
- Experienced & knowledgeable in CAMHS psychiatry & mental health diagnosis
- Knowledgeable of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, along with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- A member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) or equivalent
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives.
We maintain a good relationship with our quality regulators and undergo regular inspections, with 85% of our services rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’. We also operate an internal system of quality care, treatment and positive outcomes.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the link to apply or email your CV to AlmaMatei@cygnethealth.co.uk
Job Reference: CYG32518