Are you a knowledgeable Cost Manager searching for a new challenge within the built environment?
Do you want to work on a diverse range of exciting projects?
Are you looking to work within a collaborative team as part of a growing, multi-disciplinary consultancy?
If you answered yes to the above questions, we want to hear from you!
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Cost Manager at our Bristol office. Joining a supportive network as part of a national team, you can expect to receive valuable training, guidance and genuine scope for career development.
We work across sectors, including healthcare, education, commercial, residential, defence and heritage. With Pick Everard, you can expect to be able to diversify your experience and work with some high profile, prestigious clients.
We have a strong pipeline of work across sectors, so experience across sectors in a multi-disciplinary environment is essential.
As part of our dynamic Cost Management team, your focus will be to prepare cost estimates, contract documents and reports.
Other main responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out audits, cost checks and reviews of contracts
- Liaising directly with clients and resourcing own jobs and checking internal costs
- Controlling day to day programming and planning
- Assisting junior employees when appropriate
- Chairing meetings and ensuing commissions are delivered on time
- Carrying out quality checks on work produced by graduates and other staff
- Participating in Design Team meetings and provide advice on cost control matters
This role will suit a Cost Manager or Quantity Surveyor who has experience working on a variety of projects within the built environment. Ideally you will also have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- MRICS / Chartered Surveyor status is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience delivering cost management of building projects from feasibility/option studies through to detailed cost planning and post contract cost management
- Multi-sector background gained in consultancy or construction environment, experience in energy/renewables/off shore wind is highly desirable
- Good knowledge of the principal standard forms of building contracts, including JCT and NEC
- A professional and compassionate attitude
- A commitment to delivering a high-quality client experience
- Teamworking skills
- An inquisitive nature
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration and Benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Enhanced Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards – including enhanced annual leave and vouchers
- Annual Being PickEverard awards
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Spot Rewards
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan at senior level
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support and Employee Assistance Programme
Please note we do not accept speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Pick Everard is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey.