Salary: £11.2 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting an ambitious Team Leader to help us create exceptional food experiences for a major High Street brand on a part time basis, contracted to 30 hours per week.
As a Team Leader, you will be responsible for creating an outstanding culinary experience. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your spark to a major High Street brand? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all deliveries are checked and stored promptly and correctly
- Supervising a small team, creating a positive environment where everyone feels welcomed and supported
- Being a responsible key holder
- Using the till, taking order and receiving payments
- Assisting with weekly bookwork and any other duties that are necessary
- Producing weekly rotas following the manager’s guidelines
- Placing orders for stock to maintain the correct stock levels
- Delegating where necessary and ensuring the team are proactive at all times
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- All team members eligible are entitled to up to 20% discount at their place of work. Team members are able to take advantage of this discount at the following retail brands operated by Compass Group: Costa, Deli Marche, Amigo and Baguette Co, to name a few.
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Our ideal Team Leader will:
- Previous experience supervising frontline teams within a similar environment
- Good communication skills in order to be able to liaise with a wide range of team members and customers within your work environment
- Able to comply with legislation and follow all rules and regulation laid down in the staff handbook and unit policy statements, with regard to uniform, personal hygiene, health and safety
- Customer service focused
- Team player and can-do attitude
- Takes pride in personal appearance and hygiene
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude
As part of Compass you’ll help to feed people, fuel progress and forge connections in around 6,000 venues. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK’s biggest businesses.
Job Reference: com/1209/41462001/52593857/ONE
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone’s talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive – Diversity is Our Strength!