Salary: £9.55 per hour – Total Vacancy Hours: 50
Shift hours: Part Time
Our Customer Service Assistants are integral to the success of our business. You will likely be the first person that our customers meet and the service you provide is key in ensuring that they return to shop with us time and time again.
This doesn’t just mean being friendly and helpful during your conversations with customers on the shopfloor or during home deliveries. It also means serving on the tills, following procedures and undertaking checks so that our stores trade safely and legally. Alongside picking and delivering customers’ shopping in a company vehicle, you’ll also support other tasks such as filling shelves and helping customers on the shop floor.
As a Customer Service Assistant, you’ll be part of a skilled, engaged, and diverse team. We’re proud of our colleagues who work hard to support each other, their branch’s success, and the local communities they serve.
Food retail is fast-paced and constantly evolving; you are unlikely to have two days the same and this is what makes working in our stores exciting! Whilst you don’t need to have worked in this environment before, you’ll need to show a flexible approach and a commitment to providing great customer service. We are truly local, so you can work safe in the knowledge that you will be fully supported by nearby stores and Head Office colleagues, as well as your in-store team.
Due to having responsibility for age-restricted products/sales during home deliveries, the successful candidate will need to be aged 18 years or over and hold a valid UK driving licence . The successful candidate will have a DBS check conducted.
- Picking and delivering shopping to our customers’ required locations for our “Snappy Shopper “service
- Driving and undertaking deliveries for our home delivery service
- Offering a friendly and helpful service to our members and customers
- Making sure the store is well-stocked with products available for customers
- Build relationships with other stores and colleagues and the local community
- Working safely and legally, including processing age-related sales
- Promoting membership
- Friendly and helpful attitude
- Genuine commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible, hard-working and confident
- Basic level of numeracy and literacy
- Basic IT literacy
- A full clean driving licence (held for at least 6 months)
Location: The Avenue, Wivenhoe