Full Time – 32.5 hours
Required from September 2021
Balham is an outstanding and inspirational maintained nursery school in the heart of the Balham community. The setting is highly regarded for its inclusivity and expertise with children who have additional needs and is committed to the principles of early years’ education which are firmly embedded in the practice of our happy and hard-working team. From 1 April 2021, Balham will join with Eastwood Nursery School to form the Wandsworth Federation of Maintained Nursery Schools.
We were delighted that following our most recent OFSTED inspection (January 2018), we received an “Outstanding” grade, our fifth in succession. Our ethos is based on creativity, nurture and respect and in everything we do, we are driven by the best interests of the child.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Deputy Headteacher who is:
- a strong leader with energy and excellent interpersonal skills
- an aspirational, outstanding teacher with strong EY pedagogy
- positive, enthusiastic and creative
- good at motivating, supporting and encouraging children and staff to help them realise their full potential
- committed to embracing the inclusive ethos and practice in our established nursery school
- committed to working in partnership with parents, multi-agency working and forging links with the wider community.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Support the Executive Headteacher to deliver the highest possible educational standards in the setting, and create an atmosphere and structure in which children feel valued and staff have high expectations of them.
- Carry out the professional duties of a teacher in accordance with the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document.
- Deputise for the Executive Headteacher when not on site, with responsibility for both roles within the nursery school as appropriate
- Undertake the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Undertake the day-to-day operational management of the school.
Visits to the setting are essential. Please ring to arrange an appointment with the Executive Headteacher
To apply please download an application pack, which includes a Job Description and Person Specification below or the GOV.UK Teaching Vacancies website https://teaching-vacancies.service.gov.uk/
Completed applications should be returned to the school either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.
Closing date: 22 March 2021 (at noon)
Interviews: 25 March 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs
Balham Nursery School and Children’s Centre
72 Endlesham Road
Telephone: 020 8673 4055
£52,313 – £57,003 Per Annum (L3-L7)