Deputy Manager – £27955.20 to £31995.60
ROC Northwest is a private organisation that offers high quality residential care and education for children and young people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, SEBD, Learning & Physical Disabilities and complex needs associated with challenging behaviour. We are looking for enthusiastic support workers to join us providing meaningful care and support for our service users.
What is the role?
The core purpose of the role of the Deputy Manager is to assist the Registered Manager in providing an emotionally secure, consistent and supportive environment for our service users.
To assist the Registered Manager in:
- The general leadership and management of a team of staff and young people.
- In all aspects of the day to day management of the house and its programmes and activities, ensuring that it operates in a smooth, effective and efficient manner.
- Setting an example to all other staff in high standards of dress code, professional courtesy and manners, communication, report writing, dealing with issues and conflict resolution.
- Preparing the agenda for meetings and for chairing and taking minutes.
- Training new staff in care staff procedures and routines.
- Identifying and assessing each young person’s problems and needs.
- Assigning a Key Worker to each young person.
- Oversight of the writing the young person’s Placement Plan.
- Making arrangements for monitoring the implementation of the plan, monthly contact summaries and contributing to reviews.
- Attending internal and external review meetings, when required, as his/her representative.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with each young person to ensure that his/her needs are met.
- Ensuring that social and recreational activities for each young person are assessed for risk and are well planned, organised and adequately supervised. Ensuring that staff are involved in the activities.
What we look for:
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care and/or Children and Young People’s service or equivalent
- A level 5 in Leadership and Management with children & young people is desirable, if not completed it must be achieved within 2 years of commencing post
- Minimum of 3 Years working in a Residential Support Worker setting
- Minimum of 2 Year experience of leading/managing a team of support workers
- Full UK Driving Licence (manual)
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends
ROC Northwest Values
Friendly, passionate and caring
Positive, pleasant and approachable
Empowering others to become stronger and more confident in their lives
Person Centred, allowing our children to explore & develop their own strengths
Innovative, using or introducing new engagement methods and ideas
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive salary including higher rates of pay for those with related qualifications
- £500 Welcome Bonus*
- £1000 Refer A Friend scheme*
- 2 week paid induction programme
- Dedicated learning and development programmes including fully funded QCF Level 3
- Free DBS check
- Free on site parking
- Free meals on shift
- Pension scheme
- Employee recognition schemes
- CareTech Foundation- Opportunity to apply for family & friend’s grants
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and Regulated Activity, which will include a check against the barred children’s list.
If you have not heard back within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Deputy Manager Children's Residential [SYS-6732]