Could you be a Sense Deputy Manager?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join our service in Barnet.
This is a permanent post, 37.5 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days.
Here at Barnet Residential services we support 17 individuals over the age of eighteen who have a range of complex needs, including sensory loses and learning disabilities. As a frontline hands on Deputy Manager you will support the Registered Care Manager in the day to day running of a responsive innovative and high quality service.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing. Special attention will be paid to facilitating and monitoring personalized active support and the creation of a continuous learning environment that will seek to maximize the potential of each person we support.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- A full manual UK license is beneficial to support wit day trips etc.
- ICT literate and able to use MS Office and a range of databases.
- Numeracy and literacy skills and able to develop those skills in others.
- Willing to work towards BSL level one or comparable sign vocabulary
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficulties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.