Role: Deputy Unit Manager
Location: Ditchingham, Norfolk
Hours: This post is full time 40 hrs per week as a part of a flexible rota over a 24 hour period.
To work supernumerary managerial shifts Mon – Friday
To work rostered nurse shifts including weekends and nights as required to meet service need
Salary: £23.69 per hour
All Hallows are a Specialist Neurological Rehabilitation Centre that supports individuals with complex healthcare needs, having experienced a brain injury, stroke or other neurological event.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a registered RGN/RMN/RNLD to join our established team as the Deputy unit Manager.
As the Deputy Unit Manager, you will support the registered manager in the day-to-day running of the service and you will be expected to take overall responsibility for each area assigned to you along with providing a high-quality, safe and supportive environment in order to care for residents within this specialist area. The successful candidate will effectively manage non-qualified staff and some additional responsibilities for the liaison and management of qualified nursing staff. The Deputy Unit Manager will also take additional resident/clinical responsibilities.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent training, development and progression opportunities
- Yearly NMC registration fees paid
- 5% pension contribution plan
- Paid breaks
- 33 days paid leave including Bank holidays
- Free meals when on duty
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted shopping scheme
- Provide visible leadership to the service
- Support the Registered manager in all operational and clinical aspects of the service
- Participate in the on call system
- Work with the multidisciplinary team in meeting the CQC Inspections and the National Service frameworks minimum standards.
- To offer support and assist senior management in debriefing colleagues following any required incident.
- Assist in areas of staff supervision and appraisals
- Responsible for maintaining a safe environment in accordance with all Health and Safety, Infection Control, COSHH, and other government legislation.
- Operate within all policies and procedures, regularly updating knowledge of any changes.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties but reflects accurately of the position.
Essential Skills Required:
- RGN/RNM or RNLD Qualified
- NMC Registered
- Clinical Experience in a neuro setting
- Possess good judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills
Who we are:
All Hallows Specialist Neurological Rehabilitation Centre supports men and women with complex healthcare needs having experienced a brain injury, stroke or other neurological event. The services provided at All Hallows comprise: Active / Complex Rehabilitation, High Dependency & Specialist Nursing Care, Progressive Neurological Conditions and Community Rehabilitation.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. If you have not heard back within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful on this occasion.
Salary: £23.69 per hour
Location: Bungay, NR35 2QL