Could you be an Education Sense Support Worker?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Support Worker to join our Sense College in Loughborough.
We have permanent, part time roles available, working 20 and 30 hours per week for 38 weeks per year (term time). The salary advertised will be pro rata'd accordingly.
Your role is to prepare learners appropriately for the many possible transitions into adulthood. You will work closely with learners to achieve outcomes of their Education, Health and Care Plans. You will work within the framework of the Sense Values to:
- Keep the needs of the learners at the centre of your attention at all times;
- Enable learners to influence their services and the way they are supported;
- Help Sense to provide a high quality education experience
- Supporting people with their personal care is a requirement of this role.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your required skills and experiences;
- Previous experience of working with people who have a sensory impairment, autism or learning disability would be an advantage, as would knowledge of BSL, Makaton or other methods of communication however, training will be provided.
- It is essential that you are able to work effectively as part of a team whilst demonstrating your own initiative. You will have had experience of person centred planning, keeping records up to date and providing personal care.
- Level 2 (or equivalent) in English and Maths is an essential requirement for this role.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their pot
Education and Training