Our Apprenticeship scheme provides a perfect way to earn a wage while you gain vital work experience and a nationally recognised qualification. You will be fully supported and mentored through your apprenticeship and be given protected time to complete your course work. When you’ve finished, we’ll help you in your next steps.
Apprenticeship Job Role:
To assist the Senior Executive Assistant and Executive Support Team in providing support to the Senior Management and Senior Leadership Teams in Adult Social Services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the set-up of meetings including arranging refreshments, checking and booking appropriate rooms, ensuring any equipment required is booked, printing agendas and meeting paper packs.
- Preparing PDF packs for meetings.
- Involvement in project work as necessary e.g. within the Transforming the Future Task and Finish group.
- Diary management for the Heads of Services.
- Liaising with other members of the Executive Support Team on any diary clashes that require meetings to be rescheduled.
- Locate appropriate venues for staff briefings.
- Seeking quotes for refreshments and venues.
- Copy typing and printing.
- Chasing officers for reports for meetings.
- Answering telephones, taking messages or assisting the caller where possible.
- Full use of O365 (uploading docs, SharePoint/MS Teams/Stream/Visio/etc.).
- Creating FM helpdesk requests and logging IT calls
- Raising Purchase orders, processing timesheets and Goods receipting
- Supporting with Interviews.
- Assisting with reference requests.
- Attending meetings and Minute taking.
- Uploading documents onto the ModGov system.
- Dealing with ad-hoc requests.
Generic Duties and Responsibilities
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the services of the Boroughs of Wandsworth and Richmond.
- To comply with relevant Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct and policies concerning data protection and health and safety.
- To adhere to security controls and requirements as mandated by the SSA’s policies, procedures and local risk assessments to maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability and legal compliance of information and systems
- To promote equality, diversity, and inclusion, maintaining an awareness of the equality and diversity protocol/policy and working to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected.
- To understand both Councils’ duties and responsibilities for safeguarding children, young people and adults as they apply to the role within the council.
- The Shared Staffing Arrangement will keep its structures under continual review and as a result the post holder should expect to carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the level of the post.
You will have:
- Basic keyboard skills, use of Microsoft Office, email & Outlook Calendar and the internet
- Good communication skills, including the ability to take and give simple messages, to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a range of people and to take down telephone messages clearly and accurately
- Good interpersonal skills and proven experience of dealing effectively, politely and diplomatically with people, both face-to-face and on the telephone.
- Able to understand & respect the importance of confidentiality, both within & outside the workplace
- Ability to work flexibly and co-operatively with colleagues in a team, asking for and giving support as needed
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual & the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team
- An understanding of the importance of equality and diversity and health and safety in the workplace
The successful candidate will be surrounded by experienced staff who will provide close support.
You will be working towards a Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard.
If you do not hold GCSE A-C/9-4 in maths and English then you will be required to undertake the Functional Skills Level 2.
For more detail please see the attached Job Specification and Person Specification.
- Must be 16 or over
- Must have lived or worked in the UK/EU for the last 3 years
- Must not be enrolled in full-time education or enrolled on any other funded courses.
Interested in finding out more or looking to apply, please email your CV to Jackie Brown:
*Please do not apply through the website – we are only accepting CV’s via email.*