Could you be a Sense Support Worker – FTC?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Family Support Worker to join our service in Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland.
This is a fixed-term contract (FTC) for 24 months role, working 30 hours per week.
We have been awarded an additional 2 years National Lottery funding and the Touching Lives, transforming Families project has been running for 5 years. You will join our fantastic team here in Newtownabbey, where you will provide unique support to children with sensory impairment and their families within their home and community. We work in close partnership with sensory teams in each Health and Social Care Trusts working with new families.
We provide 1-1 support in the home, arrange workshops, events and specific training for parents/carers and the professionals who support the child's needs. The role will offer support within the South Eastern Health Trust Area. The family support worker will lead on and activities that support health and wellbeing. The shifts usually will be during day time hours but some occasional evening and weekend work is required.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free NI access Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- A full manual UK license and the willingness to drive is desirable.
- A relevant level 3 qualification relevant to the role or recent proven experience of working successfully with and supporting disabled children and their families is essential.
- An Early Years qualification e.g. Diploma in Childcare & Education, NNEB or experience of working with Sensory impaired children is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting children with a sensory impairment is desirable.
- Full person specification is attached below.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.