Salary: £20000 – £22000
Shift hours: Full Time
Field Care Manager
£20,000-£22,000 pa dependent on experience
We want to make life better for more people. If you are as passionate about quality as we are and you want a role where your skills will make a real difference, this is a great opportunity to grow and develop. We are an exciting business that puts people front and centre of everything we do.
Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group, has provided home care for over 75 years and we have 35 local offices in England and Scotland. Our aim is to lead the care industry by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services to our clients.
Hours: Full time-35 hours per week Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
About the role
The role of Field Care Manager is to working under the direction of the Branch Manager, implement systems to ensure that a domiciliary care service is delivered meeting and exceeding legislative standards, and in accordance with company equal opportunities and health & safety policy
Reporting to Registered Branch Manager your role will include:
This involves the following major responsibilities
- To undertake domiciliary care risk and manual handling assessments on new clients/service users prior to the provision of a domiciliary care service (or within 2 working days in exceptional circumstances) with regard to the potential risks to service users and workers associated with delivering the package of care, and to ensure that the assessment is updated annually or following any significant change, whichever is sooner. For individuals who are self-funding, undertake a care needs assessment appropriate to the level of support requested including risk and manual handling assessment.
- To maintain an effective system in consultation with the Care Planner and Branch Manager for quality assurance management based on the outcomes for service users, in which standards and indicators to be achieved are clearly defined and monitored on a continuous basis, ensuring that all service users and their carers are consulted about the care service including:
– At least one quality monitoring telephone call to all service users quarterly to monitor the performance of care workers.
– At least 4 spot checks annually on care workers attending client/service user domiciliary care assignments to monitor the performance of the care workers and the outcome of the care service.
– Attend Social Services client reviews as required within service specifications.
- To meet domiciliary care workers formally on a one to one basis for the purposes of direct supervision at least quarterly and keep written records on the content and outcome of each meeting. With the consent of a service user, at least one of these meetings to incorporate direct observation of the care worker providing care to the service user with whom they regularly work.
- To meet domiciliary care workers annually to conduct an overall appraisal of their standard of performance identifying training and development needs and keeping written records of the content and outcome of each appraisal.
- To facilitate quarterly team meetings for care workers and to prepare an agenda and maintain minutes from the meetings.
- To manage a Team of Field Care Supervisors with daily duties
- To assist the Care Planner and Branch Manager with the delivery of a carer assistants development and training programme to ensure members are able to fulfil and meet the changing needs of clients and service users.
- To assist the Care Planner and Branch Manager within a recruitment programme to build capacity and ensure contingency within the service.
- To participate in an on-call roster providing and co-coordinating cover for unplanned absence to maintain the service.
- Act appropriately in emergency situations, reporting incidents whilst respecting client/service user’s sensitivity, privacy and confidentiality and respond to crisis situations effectively by summoning appropriate assistance e.g. GP/District Nurse/Emergency Services.
- To apply good practice and report any/all suspicion of abuse of any kind in accordance with procedure and to understand and respect confidentiality and data protection policy within delivery of services.
- To meet weekly compliance targets agreed with the Care Planner and Branch Manager and produce a weekly log of compliance activity.
- Assist with the on-going review of service provision and change working methods in accordance with agreed strategy.
- To undertake duties appropriate to the scope of the position as may be required from time to time.
We are looking for:
- Experience of supervising/ managing others
- Smart and professional appearance.
- Articulate with the ability to put across ideas succinctly and clearly (good communication skills)
- Excellent assessment skills
- Ability to work on own initiative – self starter, able to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively.
- Good team player
- Willingness to embrace change
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Symmetry between personal and organisational values
- Demonstrates the behaviours associated with Prestige Nursing & Care’s values
Closing date: Monday 10th May
Looking to take on an exciting new career challenge in a fast-paced environment? Apply online today and we will be in touch within 48 hours to start your journey with Prestige Nursing & Care.
Closing date for applications is Monday 10th May 2021. Prestige Nursing & Care reserve the right to close a role at anytime.
Location: Banbury, England