Up to £55,000 plus benefits
** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
…And right now, we are looking for a Finance Business Partner to join our insurance business. In this role, you will get exposure to financial analysis, commercial and operational support for our underwriting and claims businesses. The focus of the role is to support the business in its commercial activities, and help to deliver a platform for profitable growth within our underwriting and claims businesses by ensuring they have the tools and insight to make decisions and respond to trends quickly
This role can be made your own, you will be key to driving change and helping our insurance function make decisions, being their first point of contact.
You will be a qualified accountant with insurance industry experience and strong Excel skills. You will bring strong commercial experience gained from a matrix organisation, with the ability to work through change.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you are a qualified commercial accountant with insurance industry experience, then we want to hear from you!
- Act as the primary Finance business partner for our underwriting, claims and pricing teams
- Provide commercial support on underwriting and claims strategy and project workstreams
- Provide financial analysis to support business cases & initiatives and recommend actions to improve business value and drive growth
- Creation of trading dashboards to provide insight and drive decision making
- Weekly trend analysis of key trading metrics across all products, flagging areas that require focus to the underwriting management team
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry, with understanding of underwriting business model
- Good Excel skills
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualified
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative or work as part of a team
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering quality
Our values are:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/89/1128