Shift hours: Permanent
Up to £50,000 per annum (DOE)
Monday – Friday Role
Flexible hybrid working
Do you have commercial finance experience gained in a fast-paced business?
Our market leading finance team are searching for an ambitious Finance Manager to support our UK Defence, Government and Energy sector – ESS.
ESS has been a market leader in the Defence and Government Services sectors for over 40 years. As well as providing quality catering, retail, and leisure services, we offer a portfolio of superior and sustainable soft services, including hotel, cleaning, waste management, security, event support and reception services.
This will be a varied, influential, and high-profile role delivering financial and commercial support to one of the company’s largest contracts. Through effective business partnering, the role will continually improve service levels, cost effectiveness, and add value to commercial activities undertaken.
As our Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Work with the wider finance team to continually develop KPIs and ensure that end users are focusing on the right metrics to drive profitable growth
- Preparation and review of annual budgets and reforecasting
- Month end journals and accounts closure
- Preparation and review of monthly management information
- Prepare monthly business review pack for Regional Operations Directors
- Balance sheet reviews and compliance with Group Accounting Manual, maintaining a full and up to date understanding of SAP and Nexus
- Promote working capital improvements through timely, accurate contract billing and active management of debt ledgers
- Financial oversight for contract amendments and service pricing
- Delivering proactive ad-hoc financial analysis to support business unit decision making.
- Oversee implementation of SAP into our Mess Accounts structure
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, reliability
- High attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge SAP / Cognos (in-house Compass Group system)
- Previous commercial finance data analysis
- Previous experience of working within a sales function