Salary: £11.69 – £11.69
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Floor Captain to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Take delivery and sort post and packages, both internal and external.
- X-ray scan all incoming external post or parcels.
- Deliver and collect post from post points twice a day at set intervals.
- Deliver recorded or special post and packages to customer’s desks and obtain signatures.
- Log all parcels received on site into relevant logs.
- Frank external post to be delivered.
- Fill out data for post incoming/outgoing/franking numbers in to relevant spreadsheets.
- Ensure all post is ready to be collected for different post companies for their allocated time.
- Deliver/collect post from the Shuttle Lounge in the evening.
- Daily floor walks to be undertaken. Any faults found need to be logged with the helpdesk.
- Check pantries and toilets to ensure they are clean and safe and replenished.
- Check shower rooms to ensure they are clean and safe.
- Be visible for any customer queries.
- Monitor the water machine behind Reception. Replenish cups when necessary. Ensure the machine is clean and in a good working condition.
- Call appropriate services/log with appropriate helpdesk if any rooms and/or facilities need attention.
Hubs and Resource Point Support
- Ensure all stationary cupboards are filled with the correct levels of stationary as per core list.
- Ensure sufficient levels of A4 and A3 paper are available.
- Replenish caddies and fridges in all kitchen points.
- Replenish milk in fridges.
- Undertake regular stock takes for stationary and kitchen stock.
- Provide first response support for any printer issues.
- Monitor toner levels for all printers and change when required.
- Update notice boards to ensure information is current.
- Ensure all areas are kept clean.
- Deal with any customer queries or direct them to Senior Floor Captain.
- Ensure Hub TV screens are switched on for 08:00 am and switched off at 17:00.
- Check waste receptacles are not overflowing, if so arrange for receptacle to be emptied.
- Ensure paper towels are replenished throughout the day.
Meeting Room Support
- Check meeting rooms to ensure good housekeeping and the correct amount of chairs for the room’s capacity.
- Provide AV assistance when required. This will also involve HDVC assistance and be point of contact for Yorktel remote support.
- Check all floor boxes closed correctly, not causing a trip hazard and no cables trapped. Report any damaged cabling to helpdesk.
- Ensure all table top cables are not damaged and are working correctly. Replace if necessary.
- Check all TV’s in meeting rooms to ensure these are ready for the customer to use.
- Check and replenish all meeting room presentation facilities – flip charts full and clear of previously used sheets, marker pens, white boards clean.
- Check air conditioning/heating levels in rooms. Report any faults to the helpdesk.
- Meeting rooms are checked in/out using tablets outside the room. These need to be checked and any faults reported to the IT team.
Provide cover when necessary for lunches/holidays.
Safety and Compliance
- You must ensure that you do not act in any way that endangers your health and safety or that of others.
- All accidents and unsafe situations must be reported immediately and accidents recorded in the Accident Book and/or Salus
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- To enjoy working as part of a team.
- To present a smart and courteous manner at all times.
- A proactive attitude with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexibility that is focused to delivering exceptional customer service.
- Have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize workload to meet customer demands.
- Ability to keep a calm and professional manner when dealing with our clients.
- Attention to detail, with a “critical eye” to identify report and follow up unacceptable standards with buildings.
- An understanding of health, safety and environment.
- An ability to work to demanding timeframes and deliver to customer and line management expectations.
- An ability to prioritize and work to changing demands, and an appreciation of other people’s priorities.
- Experience in prioritization of service delivery in a similar environment.
- Understanding or experience of a working mailroom environment.
- Computer literate.
- Familiar with Sodexo’s policies and procedures
Location: Cambridge, England