Salary: £12.55 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
To support the Catering Operations Manager in organising and supervising the front of house element of the unit in accordance with and to the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland, the contract specification and statutory Regulations, ensuring the provision of a quality service. Coordinate, cost and oversee the fulfilment of the client’s catering hospitality requirements, fulfilling hospitality bookings, supporting in client site visits where required. To ensure the efficient and economic use is made of all resources, including stock, team members and company assets.
- Support in delivering all contractual front of house terms including core feeding element.
- Communicate any on site client changes to direct reports.
- Communicate regularly with client in relation to events (as agreed)
- Always Promote the unit and act as a Compass Advocate
- Communication client event requirements to wider team to ensure all client hospitality is delivered to the correct standard.
- Ensure event costs are accurately inputted and maintained.
- All food wastage is recorded and minimised.
- Ensure all customer requirements are communicated to all departments in advance to ensure effective planning.
- Complete daily labour schedule.
- Effectively minimise any agency and overtime spend.
- Adjust labour schedule in line with requirements.
- Team are supported, trained, coached and develop.
- Support in producing and utilising succession planning
- Ensure everyone is trained and adheres to all H&S and FS policies.
- A good team member but must be able to work on own initiative.
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others.
- Experience and knowledge of a wide cross section of events
- Use of IT packages including, Microsoft Office, E-mail, Word, Excel
- Good knowledge and experience of working with food.
- People Management
- Results Orientation
- Proven experience in leading and managing successful teams.
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Minimum 2 years catering experience
- Excellent I.T skills
- Experience in a similar role
- Driving licence / Car
- Good knowledge of food production methods and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Self motivated and ability to adapt to a changing environment
As part of Compass you’ll help to feed people, fuel progress and forge connections in around 6,000 venues. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK’s biggest businesses.
Job Reference: com/1509/62081001/52594414/SU
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone’s talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive – Diversity is Our Strength!