Salary: £9.50 per hour Saturday/Sunday 10 hours per week
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a General Catering Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To comply with all the legal and hygiene requirements.
- To assist as directed, with all aspects of preparation and presentation of food to the company’s standards, utilising recipes from the central system and to have full knowledge of all allergen information prior to service.
- To assist at service time by serving the customers, as directed, to the company standard, including correct portion control and promote a friendly atmosphere.
- To operate the cash register (if required) and make necessary sales records.
- To receive any training as is necessary to maintain the standards in the establishment.
- To undertake all aspects in the cleaning of equipment – walls (up to 6ft), floors, fixtures and fittings, to the companies’ standard according to the cleaning rota as required and directed.
- To ensure work areas and equipment are left clean.
- To assist in loading service counters, as and when directed, and to ensure sufficient supplies throughout the service period, paying particular attention to the minimum style guide standards and implementation of all current marketing offers and promotions.
- Highly advisable to join the CLOSED Best in Class Facebook page to view and share best practice
- To accept deliveries, recording necessary temperatures and putting away as set out by safegard and your line manager.
- To ensure a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory and company regulations.
- To assist, from time to time, at special functions, some of which may occasionally occur outside working hours.
- To report immediately any incidents of fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate or possible.
- To relieve in other local units from time to time during sickness
- To report any customer complaints and take action, if at all possible.
- To attend any reasonable requests made by the Manager.
- IRREGULAR DUTIES:
- To relieve and assist in other establishments in certain circumstances.
- To attend to and take all necessary action, statutory and otherwise in the event of accident, fire, loss, theft, lost property, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and complete the necessary return and/or reports.
- To attend meetings and training courses as requested. These may include travel and/or overnight accommodation which Sodexo will cover the costs for.
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- High Team Ethic and working principles
- Previous Catering Experience
- Food Hygiene Qualifications
- Customer Service Skills
Location: Diageo Shieldhall, Scotland