Salary: £50000 – £55000 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
To organise and supervise the unit in accordance with and to the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland, the contract specification and statutory Regulations. To be responsible for the overall efficient and effective management of the unit under their control providing a quality service. Responsible for overseeing the preparation, cooking and service of food to agreed standards and specification. To ensure the efficient and economic use is made of all resources, including stock, team members and company assets.
In this prestigious Independent Day School we manage both the Catering & Housekeeping contracts with a staff of around 45.
There are approximately 1100 students and 200 staff. Sustainability is a real focus in this school and as a result beef and lamb have been eliminated from our menus and this initiative has encouraged a Year 12 student to petition local restaurants to do the same!
All the fish we serve is Marine Stewardship Council certified, and we serve a range of delicious and healthy vegetarian and vegan options.
We run regular theme days and are active in our promotion of Chartwells “Beyond the Kitchen” initiative whereby we teach children the importance of nutrition.
Key responsibilities within this role will include;
- Provide guidance and take a strategic approach to organising and managing the business through the team that report to you.
- Communicate, motivate and guide effectively your management team and catering staff on a daily basis. Set clear operational responsibilities for your management team and monitor their performance against their individual areas of responsibility.
- To take overall responsibility for both food and health and safety procedures in the college catering department.
- Communicate regularly with the bursar, headmaster and academic staff as required.
- Action plans are completed following Pupil/Staff satisfaction surveys.
- Promote the unit and act as a Chartwells /Compass Advocate at all time.
- Ensure all client hospitality is delivered to the agreed standard and seek feedback on the food and service provided.
- Be present on a frequent basis at pupil/staff meal times ensuring we provide great tasting freshly prepared food at every meal service that pupils and staff look forward to and really love.
- Identify any additional opportunities to enhance/develop the service we provide and discuss with line manager
- Be aware of the need to ring the changes with the food provided, look at ways to bring innovation and flair so the service does not become repetitive.
- To operate to the agreed budget monitor trends and be able to identify corrective action if necessary.
- Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation