Salary: £15 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting an ambitious Head Chef to help us create exceptional food experiences for Defence on a part time basis, contracted to 30 hours per week.
As a Head Chef, you will be responsible for creating an outstanding culinary experience. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Identifying opportunities to improve our food service
- Creating a positive kitchen environment where your team feel welcomed and supported
- Delivering our tasty food concepts to our customers
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
- Ordering food, looking after stock control and controlling food waste
- Overseeing kitchen cleaning responsibilities to maintain hygiene standards
- Managing budgets and successfully meeting financial targets
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
Our ideal Head Chef will:
- Hold a City & Guilds 706/1 & 2 or NVQ equivalent
- Create a positive work environment where the whole team can thrive
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Have experience in a similar Head Chef role
- Strive for excellence in an enthusiastic and motivated manner
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Have a desire to succeed in your role
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
- Have a safety-first mind set
- Passionate about food
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/0711/95636001/52370768/ONE
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone’s talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive – Diversity is Our Strength!