Salary: £38,000 – £40,000 Depending on Experience
Shift hours: Full Time
We’re looking for someone who can motivate, engage, and lead a brand-new team in the catering industry.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head Chef to join our team at a new London site located 5 mins from Kings Cross station.
We are looking for a chef who is passionate about food, enthusiastic, personable, creative, organised and flexible – you will enjoy being the face of food at this exciting FTSE 100 client site.
As you will be responsible for managing a small team including baristas you will need strong leadership skills with the ability to engage, instruct, motivate whilst remaining calm under pressure.
You will be a real foodie with a passion, flair and innovation for different styles of food including street food trends as well as hospitality.
It’s a Monday to Friday role however with this amazing space there will be the occasional evening events.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career in a growing business with the autonomy to create a growing brand.
- Manage the food production in its entirety for the kitchen
- Produce dishes to the required standard and quantity
- Ensure menu offer is ready for the required service time with strict attention to quality and presentation
- Brief the kitchen team and communicate any changes in menu or production
- Be the face of the food service and own the service front and back of house
- Ensure tariff prices are correct at all point of sale, that all catering services are costed and charged according to the terms of the contract and that the menu management system (DRIVe) is fully adhered to
- Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within the budgeted levels agreed between the Client and Sodexo and unit is trading in line with budget targets.
- Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases as agreed with your line manager.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Food Safety, Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place and training of staff.
- Ensure that all equipment used, is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to management/client, ensure they are rectified and ensure equipment is not used until safe.
- Personal innovation and passion for food and service
- Craft qualifications or gained chef skills through in house training
- Experienced senior sous chef or Head chef
- Strong Leadership skills
- Ability to instruct and motivate
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Basic Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Certificates
Sodexo embeds a strong Safety culture in everything we do. There will be company procedures to follow so good knowledge of HACCP, COSHH procedures and Food Hygiene Regulation is vital.
Reference: SDX/TP/RF7227 /CS
Location: Sodexo AstraZeneca, 2 Pancras Square, England